Green House - Hong Kong (SAR)
Green House is located in Burrows Street, Wan Chai.
Green House monument was established on 1905.
Primary threats to Green House :
The lot of the tenement house now standing was first owned by the American firm of Messrs Burrows and Sons. Later, it was owned by Lawrence Mallory. Timber yard and boat building yard had been occupied the site; later on it was occupied by warehouses, timber and coal storage and several other sma.
Historical facts of Green House :
Green House is a block of 10 tenement houses located in 1-11, Mallory Street and 6-12 Burrows Street, Wan Chai, Hong Kong. It is named from the green color painted on the external walls of the building. It is one of the few remaining tong-Lau of the balcony type in Hong Kong. Because of the historic significance, the houses are listed as Grade II historic buildings.