Archibald Fountain - Australia
Archibald Fountain is located in Sydney.
Archibald Fountain monument was established on 14th March 1932.
Primary threats to Archibald Fountain :
- The Archibald Fountain in Sydney marks the northern end of Hyde Park in the heart of the city.
- Crowds of people gather in Hyde Park during Sydney outdoor festivals.
Historical facts of Archibald Fountain :
- Archibald specified that it must be designed by a French artist.
- The fountain was unveiled on the 14th of March 1932 by the Lord Mayor of Sydney, Samuel Walder.
- It depicts Apollo, representing beauty and the arts, on a central column holding out his right arm as a sign of protection over all nature.
- The artist chosen was Francois Sicard.