Admiral Hood Monument
Admiral Hood Monument - United Kingdom
Admiral Hood Monument is located in Somerset, England.
Admiral Hood Monument monument was established on 1831.
Primary threats to Admiral Hood Monument :
- The Hood monument is a memorial column to Sir Samuel Hood on a hill.
Historical facts of Admiral Hood Monument :
- The Hood monument is a 110 feet (34 m).
- There was a doorway at the base but this was sealed in 1990.
- The crown is a sculpture on a nautical theme with the sterns of four galleons interspersed with four mainsails above laurel wreaths and surmounted by a naval crown.
- It was paid for by public subscription and designed by Henry Goodridge.
- It was originally linked to the Hood family home at Butleigh by a mile long avenue of cedar trees.