This small museum housed in a former British officers mess hall contains eight carriages used by Egyptian royalty.
There are horse heads,saddles and riding equipment on display.
The highlight is the glittering gold carriage presented by Emperor Napoleon to Khedive Ismail.
Nearby is the carriage used by Khedive Ismail when he opened the Suez Canal in 1869.
One of a number of small museums in the Citadel is the Royal Carriage Museum in Cairo.
Its small collection of carriages is borrowed from the larger Carriage Museum located in Bulaq.
It is housed in the building once used as the British Officers' Mess (until 1946) during the colonial period.
The Carriage Museum is on the grounds of the Military Museum complex.
It is only a one story building with many rectangular windows and above each window there is a bust of a horse.
It seems as if these horses are welcoming the visitors to the museum.