Roros Mining Town
Year of Research
- The history of RÝros, which stands in a precipitous setting, is linked to the copper mines: they were developed in the 17th century and exploited for 333 years until 1977.
- Entirely rebuilt after its destruction by Swedish troops in 1679, the city has some 80 wooden houses, most of them standing around courtyards.
- Many hold their dark pitch-log facades, giving the town a medieval look.