W. F. Albright Institute of Archaeological Research
||W. F. Albright Institute of Archaeological Research
|Place of Location:
- The W.F. Albright Institute of Archaeological Research (AIAR) in Jerusalem is the oldest American research center for ancient Near Eastern studies in the Middle East.
- Established in 1900 as the American School of Oriental Research (ASOR), it was renamed in 1970 after its most distinguished director, William Foxwell Albright.
- Today, the Albright is one of three separately included institutes affiliated with ASOR, the others being in Amman and Nicosia.
- The Institute fosters North American contribution in, and provides support for, archaeological excavations and surveys; promotes working relationships with related institutions in Jerusalem and the neighboring communities.