Australian American Memorial
Australian American Memorial - Australia
Australian American Memorial is located in Canberra.
Australian American Memorial monument was established on 16 February 1954.
Primary threats to Australian American Memorial :
- The Australian-American Memorial is the national capital of Australia.
- It is commemorates the role of the United States in World War II.
Historical facts of Australian American Memorial :
- Australian-American Memorial height is 258 feet (78m approx) and the eagle and sphere are together around 11m high.
- The memorial is a hollow, octagonal, tapered column with a steel framework sheeted with aluminums panels that were sandblasted to give the appearance of stone.
- Two murals feature at the base, one relating the story of American combat in the Pacific and the other a profile map of the United States in copper.
- The column is surrounded by a water-filled moat about 3m wide.
- Under the dedication is a bronze wreath where floral wreaths are often laid on official commemorations.