ACT Memorial - Australia
ACT Memorial is located in Canberra, Australia.
ACT Memorial monument was established on 10 August 2006.
Primary threats to ACT Memorial :
- The ACT Memorial honors men and women who have an association with the ACT.
- It served in conflicts, peacekeeping missions and related service throughout the world, some of whom paid the supreme sacrifice.
Historical facts of ACT Memorial :
- The ACT Memorial was designed by local Canberra artist Matthew Harding.
- Physically, the memorial itself consists of a central illuminated glass sphere which is encompassed by two large stylized wings.
ACT Memorial consists of two primary components:
- Text on one side of the outer rim at the base of the memorial reads "ACT MEMORIAL" and on the opposite side is the URL for the associated web site.
- On the inner rim under the sphere there are a series of glass tiles with key words related to conflict and sacrifice, such as "peace", "dedication", "resolve", "service", "honour" etc.